We rely on the kindness and generosity of many volunteers who give of their time and talents. By this unselfish collaboration with the Little Sisters, they bring greater joy to our Residents and put their unique gifts at the service of our Home. You too can enrich the lives of our Residents and make use of your extra time by volunteering regularly or for special events. In doing so, you will experience the happiness that comes with the gift of self, as you offer elderly persons companionship and joy!
- Visiting with Residents, sewing for them, helping them write letters, and organizing their personal items, etc.
- Assisting with Residents’ activities in the Home
- Transporting Residents within the Home to the chapel, other areas, and other scheduled activities
- Assisting with Resident transport to outside appointments or accompanying them to appointments
- Taking a Resident shopping or doing errands for Residents
- Assisting with serving Residents' meals
- Gardening help in the courtyards and grounds
- Painting, carpentry projects, building repairs
- "Hidden services" such as vegetable preparation, working in the kitchen, etc.
Thank you and God bless!
For more information and other volunteering opportunities contact
Maria Ann Callaghan at firstname.lastname@example.org
"Volunteering at LSP is more than just helping one person out, it’s more like a ripple effect. When you help someone, other people see it and are more likely to help others. The Sacred Heart Residence is a unique atmosphere where Residents and staff are always happy to see you because the impact you have on their lives is immediate. But what you don’t realize at first is the impact they have on your life at the same time."
"I volunteer at the Little Sisters of the Poor because I wanted to use my talents to love and serve the elderly. It is such a rewarding and spiritually uplifting experience to serve here at Sacred Heart Residence. I feel that I have received much more than I have given."